Welcome to In The Present Tense!------------------------------Celebrating 20 Years of Pearl Jam

Monday, January 4, 2010

2010: The Year of the Bike

This year will be the year of the bike for me. I've started off the year with two decent rides already and they were both great in their own way. Ride # 1 was a 42 degree day and the trail was very soft and soggy. Made for a difficult ride for on as out of shape as I. This ride was capped off with a Bald Eagle sighting!! Picture below...

The Eagle has landed!
Ride # 2 was extreme wind and cold as all hell. 21 degrees with a nice 20 to 30 mph wind. Riding downhill into the wind was like riding up the side of a cliff! If I stopped peddling I wouldn't have made it down the hill. I went a bit too far on this ride and my feet we're absolutely frozen. Everything else was pretty warm. Made the mistake of stopping for a few minutes in Green Lane and the sweat really started to get cold. Overall a great beginning to... The Year of the Bike!!

Thanks for the push Larry! I wouldn't be on the bike without your influence!
Me at frozen cliff.
The ice covered Perkiomen Creek.
Me. Cold.

3 comments:

Wendler said...

I LOVE the year of the BIKE!!!!!
You are an animal! You are going to need some good wool socks and "real" cold weather shoe covers. Let me know when we can get a ride in together! Love the pictures!!!!!

OSMA said...

i showed this to my andy and he almost died of jealousy. he said, "oh man, he's on my trail. it looks cold." : )

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! wedding dresses. Pigalle Christian Louboutin.