Welcome to In The Present Tense!------------------------------Celebrating 20 Years of Pearl Jam

Monday, January 11, 2010

Ride # 3: Sluggish

This was my 3rd ride of "The Year of the Bike" and I had to MAKE myself go! It was cold. I was tired. (I work nights and went in the morning.) The first half of the ride I wanted to trade my legs in for new ones they felt so heavy!

I stopped at my halfway point and ate a couple Oreo's to give me a quick boost and the ride home was much better! Also had Pearl Jam's "Backspacer" going on the "Pearl Pod" which always helps me make it through a tough ride. There's a line in "Unthought Known" that goes "nothin' left, nothin' left, nothin' there, nothin' left"... Well I felt like I had nothin' left but I just had to say FU and throw down on the peddles. By the end I was "ridin high amongst the waves"!

Looking forward to a better ride next time!

Green bridge below Spring Mountain




















View from Bridge above



















The "Yield Tree"


















"Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?


1 comment:

Wendler said...

Looks like fun! Glad to see you got out again!